Today was our 2nd Quarter Regional Meeting and it was on The Big White Boat out in Clear Lake and Galveston Bay. The Districts in our area get together for team building and awards from our Regional Manager. It was on this 2 story yacht with food and drinks.
Through this experience it was confirmed in my mind that I do not like boats. At first I thought it was just the fact that it was Galveston and the color of the water was icky. It could also be the fact that you have to store, insure and maintain the boat. Alas no, I don't like being contained on a boat, and it is strangely odd when you pass the Kemah Boardwalk and all these people are staring at you because you are on a yacht (makes you feel like a creature at the zoo). Also this is not like a cruise ship you definately feel the motion of the ocean (or bay) -- no stablizers (?SP) on this boat.
Anyway it was nice of our Regional Manager to pay for all of us to sail away the afternoon and to also be able to talk to people I don't get to see except for a training class or meetings like this.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment